Barnes & Noble is one of the largest bookstore chains in the United States. With over 630 locations nationwide, chances are there’s a Barnes & Noble near you. And if you’re an avid reader, you’ve probably done some shopping at Barnes & Noble at some point. But what happens if you want to return something? What is Barnes & Noble’s return policy? Keep reading to find out.
How to Return an Item to Barnes & Noble?
Barnes & Noble’s terms and conditions are mentioned below.
- Barnes & Noble accepts returns of most items within 30 days of purchase.
- Items must be in new or unused condition and include all original packaging and accessories.
Check Barnes & Noble’s Return Policy Without Receipt
- If you do not have a receipt, Barnes & Noble will try to look up your purchase using your credit card, gift card, or membership information.
- If they are unable to locate your purchase, you will receive a store credit for the lowest selling price of the item within the past 30 days.
Certain items are not eligible for return at Barnes & Noble that include.
1. Gift cards
2. Downloadable software products
3. Membership fees
4. Items marked as “final sale”
How to Make a Return at Barnes & Nobles?
There are three ways to make a return:
- In-store: Simply take the item (or items) you wish to return, along with your receipt or packing slip, to any Barnes & Noble store. A store associate will process your return and issue a refund to your original form of payment.
- Online: To return an online purchase by mail, visit the “Order Status & Returns” page on the Barnes & Noble website and select the order you wish to return. Then, follow the instructions on the screen to print out a pre-paid UPS shipping label. Include this label on the outside of your return package and drop it off at any UPS location. Once your return is received and processed, a refund will be issued to your original form of payment within 5-10 business days.
- By phone: You can also initiate a return by calling customer service at 1-800-The-Book (1-800-843-2665). A customer service representative will take you through the return process and help you generate a pre-paid UPS shipping label. Include this label on the outside of your return package and drop it off at any UPS location. Once your return is received and processed, a refund will be issued to your original form of payment within 5-10 business days.
Now that you know all about Barnes & Noble’s return policy, there’s nothing stopping you from making that purchase! Whether you’re shopping in-store or online, you can rest assured knowing that you can always change your mind later and make a return within 30 days—no questions asked. So go ahead and treat yourself to that new book or novel—you deserve it!